Tuesday, August 10, 2010

a difficult time...

So sorry I have been a bit slack with blogging lately.  I have made some cards in the last fortnight but then had my dog to deal with so hadn't posted.  For those of you who know me personally already know about Tyson but just briefly, my gorgeous 10 and a half year old Boxer had to be put to sleep on Monday.  It was an extremely hard decision but a necessary one.  He had developed a brain tumour probably about 12- 18 months ago which we were unaware of, thinking he was just "slowing down with age" as Boxers have an average lifespan of 10 years.  It became aggressive and last week he started (i hope) having seisures.  We put him on medication but we weren't going to let him go through seisures until the medication kicked in - which was supposed to be up to 2 weeks.  It wasn't fair and it confused the hell out of him.
 Some people say they are just dogs but not our Tys, he was our first baby - our first responsibility as a couple and we raised him from 8 weeks old together.  He had to get used to going from just the three of us to the four of us when Brock was born to the five of us when Haylee came along ...as well as nephews to boot.  He was the sweetest, most protective, patient dog and all he wanted was to be loved, and he was.  So i wait for the phone call to let me know when my baby boy can come home in his beautiful box when he will go in my wall unit with his lead so we can talk to him to deal with our grief.  The kids are very confused and keep asking when we are going to get him or when can they visit him at the vet - it's so hard to make them understand - so I told them he is in heaven with Fluffy and Nike - my sisters dog and my BF's dog and they are ok with that.

So much for the "brief" story but I feel better talking about it.  I know it will get easier as all grief does but just right now it's awful and it all hurts just too much....too much to even craft.  But i will post some cards I made last fortnight and hopefully I will get out there and do some more soon.....the memories are a bit painful out there in my craft shed as I constantly fought with Tys to stay out...he just wanted to be with me all the time....the things you regret.....

Here is a card I made for a Tiddly Inks Blog Hop but had to work the night it was on so missed out posting it - it was a Halloween challenge....don't you just love the witch, she's a digi and she's wicked!


The flowers I made with Black Bazzill and dusted the edges with Bronze ink.  I coloured the image with Lyra's and copics, used purple glitter for her magic dust and ice stickles for her wings and dress.  White gel pen to highlight her hair, silver for the faux stitching, some Kaszazz ribbon which matched perfectly and some orange Bazzill for matting.  The white dotty paper is the recent wedding range from Kaszazz and the black felt stars and purple eyelets are from my stash. 


This next one is another Tiddly Inks digital from the amazing artist Christy Croll....apparently she just whipped this one up as a doodle!  Wish I could doodle like this.....she's amazing, you'll be seeing more of her images on my blog shortly, I have bought quite a few :O)

I used Oatmeal base, white Bazzill for the strips matted on Crimson with the hearts puched out of that aswell...they are a Kaszazz Super Heart.  The eyelets are silver (Kaszazz) and the image was coloured with Lyra's and I chalked around the image with Pebbles chalks.  I didn't have an appropriate saying so made up one...lol  hubby might get this one for Valentine's Day next year...lol


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my work in progress....I am a mum of two very outgoing children who keep me on my feet all day. A wife to a man who works hard for our family and doesn't like my craft at all (lol) and a dedicated yet part time Admin Assistant for a charity organisation. I have a love for motorbike riding as well as craft and love to shop - who doesn't right?! Back onto craft - craft in general has been a BIG part of my life for so many years I couldn't possibly tell you when it all first started. Around 2008 I fell in love with Papercrafting, of all forms, off the page, scrapbooking and card making and stamping (my fave). Going from just fun to running my own party plan business with Kaszazz and then back to "just for fun". I hope you enjoy the journey with me as I experiment with techniques, colours and product and learn with me also as I inevitably make mistakes and disasters....all in good fun. Enjoy!!