Friday, July 22, 2011

Cards, yes cards, not house stuff!

I know! can you believe I actually had some time to make 2 cards!  Well I made sure I made time anyway.  They are for my Godson's Birthday - Reece and his Aunty (my BF's sister) Kristy.  I now have that familiar itch to get crafting ...and still can't properly.  I don''t have the room or the supplies to be fully satisfied with the end results but I am making do.  I received some new stamps some of which are on the cards made and others I can't use yet as they didn't come with the cling mount (and I don't know what box mine is in) so I have to go down to "Fred" and buy some more.  I hope to do something with all of them soon.

This spunky little fella is Arthur from the set of two "Arthur and Annie" from Stamping Bella.  I bought mine from Fred the Needle in Penrith as they only recently started getting in a few Stamping Bella images.  So so cute. 

These are from CC Designs, I seem to be making quite a collection of these stamps, I love them, they are good to colour in and they have good sized clothing to cut and piece like I did with her top.  This is Hawaiian Birgitta and the Swiss Butterfly fence, both of which I ordered a few weeks ago through Bizzy Becs.  This one I actually made a horrible mistake on as I dropped a stamp - well it fell off the block as I didn't stick it down properly so ended up having a very crooked sentiment.  Because it was the final thing to go on the card you can imagine I swore a little and thought I'm going to have to do this whole thing again.  Then I thought what can I cover it with?  A cloud! So I hand drew a cloud the right shape to go over the sentiment, inked it up and stuck it down.  Voila!  I think I got away with it. hehe. 

I thought while i'm at it I would also add some cards that I haven't added onto here yet.  These two are Mother's Day cards, the butterfly one went to my Mum and the Birgitta one went to Sandra, Peter's Mum.
Using Kaszazz papers, a Stamp It stamp, a Kaszazz punch and a cuttlebug die.
I liked the way Birgitta came out on this one, she was stamped onto Oatmeal cardstock instead of plain white so her colouring came out darker.
This card was for Nan back in March for her birthday.  My only Magnolia stamp.

And this was the one I made for my sister for Nan's birthday, using Fergus the dragon.

That's it from me.

Kylie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my work in progress....I am a mum of two very outgoing children who keep me on my feet all day. A wife to a man who works hard for our family and doesn't like my craft at all (lol) and a dedicated yet part time Admin Assistant for a charity organisation. I have a love for motorbike riding as well as craft and love to shop - who doesn't right?! Back onto craft - craft in general has been a BIG part of my life for so many years I couldn't possibly tell you when it all first started. Around 2008 I fell in love with Papercrafting, of all forms, off the page, scrapbooking and card making and stamping (my fave). Going from just fun to running my own party plan business with Kaszazz and then back to "just for fun". I hope you enjoy the journey with me as I experiment with techniques, colours and product and learn with me also as I inevitably make mistakes and disasters....all in good fun. Enjoy!!