Thursday, August 18, 2011

The bricks are up and next is the roof!

With the brickwork finished yesterday we had an email from Zac Homes that the gutters and fascia are going up tomorrow (weather permitting) and the roof tiles get started Monday (weather permitting).  Lock up is not far away with the front doors on the houses across the road....yay! 
Here are some pics of the finished brickwork..I was lucky enough to be allowed on site from one of the brickies.....pays to wear heels ....lol but i was only allowed on one side - the side where the boys were not....???  or the mud was not ???  So I only got pics from one side and the front.


The 2 pictures above were the day they started, Saturday 13th August.

....and by Wednesday, DONE!! 



I like how they make a recess in the bricks for the hot water system.  That way it sits flush to the house instead of poking out :O)


So there we are, still moving along at a good pace so hopefully I will have some more shots of the roof tiles by next week.  The kids are looking forward to seeing the "elevator" that lifts the tiles up to the roof.
Looking forward to taking my Bestie over there next weekend to show her.....she's only seen pictures so far so that will be good.  With any luck Wayne will be there and we can have an impromptu inspection.....here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my work in progress....I am a mum of two very outgoing children who keep me on my feet all day. A wife to a man who works hard for our family and doesn't like my craft at all (lol) and a dedicated yet part time Admin Assistant for a charity organisation. I have a love for motorbike riding as well as craft and love to shop - who doesn't right?! Back onto craft - craft in general has been a BIG part of my life for so many years I couldn't possibly tell you when it all first started. Around 2008 I fell in love with Papercrafting, of all forms, off the page, scrapbooking and card making and stamping (my fave). Going from just fun to running my own party plan business with Kaszazz and then back to "just for fun". I hope you enjoy the journey with me as I experiment with techniques, colours and product and learn with me also as I inevitably make mistakes and disasters....all in good fun. Enjoy!!