Saturday, October 8, 2011

11 weeks until Christmas!!

Thinking about that today made me think what a sad Christmas it is going to be for the kids - every cent we have is going into our home and I have 2 weeks off without pay from Job #2.  :O(  Anyhoo, I also started thinking I better get my butt into gear and start some Christmas cards.....I coloured Lula and Blush in this afternoon and plan on colouring quite a few more over the next few weeks.  When I get my craft room up and running in our new place I will turn them into cards (because I have no idea where all my Xmas paper is mainly). 


Sitting here colouring in tonight gets me excited for my first copic colouring class next weekend.  Fred the Needle at Penrith is hosting it and I can't wait.  First lesson is learning about the number system, how to store and refill, care for and select paper and ink for them.  Lots of practice with single layer colouring and adding texture with the blender.  Also basic flicking and tip to tip colouring.  I hope I learn a bit out of it and get better at my colouring.....time will tell.  The stamps above are 2 of my new ones - just delivered yesterday from The Stamp Spot - they are from the Greeting Farm - how cute are they!

2 comments:

  1. Kylie, I had great fun looking at your new home pictures! It's a gorgeous home. Your colouring on these images is exquisite. Thanks so much for stopping by during The Twinery + The Greeting Farm Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emily. Always a pleasure to drop into anything related to that gorgeous twine and The Greeting Farm.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my work in progress....I am a mum of two very outgoing children who keep me on my feet all day. A wife to a man who works hard for our family and doesn't like my craft at all (lol) and a dedicated yet part time Admin Assistant for a charity organisation. I have a love for motorbike riding as well as craft and love to shop - who doesn't right?! Back onto craft - craft in general has been a BIG part of my life for so many years I couldn't possibly tell you when it all first started. Around 2008 I fell in love with Papercrafting, of all forms, off the page, scrapbooking and card making and stamping (my fave). Going from just fun to running my own party plan business with Kaszazz and then back to "just for fun". I hope you enjoy the journey with me as I experiment with techniques, colours and product and learn with me also as I inevitably make mistakes and disasters....all in good fun. Enjoy!!