Friday, October 7, 2011

Kitchen is in.

Last Saturday we ran into Wayne again and were able to go through the house and see what's been done in the last 2 weeks.  The kitchen was in with still alot to do but the main cupboards were in, the kickboard, the handles etc. The laundry tub is in, most of the tiles are down just a few to go in the hallway.  The bathroom has vanities and the bathroom  tiles were done.  We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the kitchen splashback this week and are hoping it will be in by tomorrow when we go through again.  All the skirtings are done and the painters have been in this week so we should see lots more finished tomorrow.  Most of the doors were in last weekend too.  We have noticed a few things wrong so need to bring those up with Wayne tomorrow but apart from those few little things it has been a dream run and I hope it continues that way.  It's funny as I have heard so many people say they would never build again.....I would build again with Zac Homes in a heartbeat.....just fork out rent while I build.   Here are the latest pictures and I should have some more tomorrow....

 Was kinda hoping those tiles were going to go all the way to the door but that's ok, it's enough of a protection for the walls.
 This is the spare room at the back, hole in the wall is for the power point.  House across the road is a nice view, I will soon have a fence there.
 Brocks wardrobe doors are in and the shelf.  And his main door on the left - he has the funny shaped room where the door is at an angle.
 Kitchen looks great - the benches are nice, the high gloss cupboards are super shiny and the handles suit it very much.  Was a bit worried about the kickboard, didn't realise the black would be so noticable but I like it the more i look at it.
 Haylee in her wardrobe.....
 Ensuite tiles. Silver in colour - i likey alot!
 Close up of the feature tiles.  I can't wait to see it all finished and cleaned off - everything is still sandy and has a white wash over it all because of the grout but soon it will look shiny and pretty again.

Hope to put some more up soon so stay posted - approx. 3 weeks to go---Yippeeee!!!  This weather is not helping! We hope to see some landscaping across the road next week and our driveway is scheduled for about a week and a half.  Nearly there, itching to get in, praying the hours fly by.

Ciao for now xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my work in progress....I am a mum of two very outgoing children who keep me on my feet all day. A wife to a man who works hard for our family and doesn't like my craft at all (lol) and a dedicated yet part time Admin Assistant for a charity organisation. I have a love for motorbike riding as well as craft and love to shop - who doesn't right?! Back onto craft - craft in general has been a BIG part of my life for so many years I couldn't possibly tell you when it all first started. Around 2008 I fell in love with Papercrafting, of all forms, off the page, scrapbooking and card making and stamping (my fave). Going from just fun to running my own party plan business with Kaszazz and then back to "just for fun". I hope you enjoy the journey with me as I experiment with techniques, colours and product and learn with me also as I inevitably make mistakes and disasters....all in good fun. Enjoy!!