Wednesday, October 12, 2011

We have a driveway...and a minor problem...

Today the concrete was poured and it looks great.  The step is looking really good and I look forward to seeing the front yard done to see how it is going to look in the end.  We have a slight problem though, and I know it's fixable and not a big deal, just a bit of a shock to see today......
This is the front door yesterday - a little darker than what we were hoping for but close to the garage door so we were cool with it.


mmmmmm, yes well the colour has changed just slightly.....or maybe a little bit more than slightly.  We have trying to convince ourselves that it's ok - as it goes with the colour of the bricks but...yeah, no, we don't like it and the more we look at it, the more we don't like it.  It is supposed to match the garage door.  Emailed Debbie tonight so we will see what the outcome is soon.  

On the plus side the driveway and the step are nice, they are a lovely colour and turned out great.  The eaves and the downpipes are close to getting finished with paint too.


Keep posted as things seem to be moving quite quickly now with our inspection coming up in about a weeks time and then the landscaping and fences will go in.  It's getting close now and I am trying really hard to start the awful process of packing ...again...but can't really pack up any more as I use it all on a daily basis.  Another week and I will start to pack clothes and we should have a move in date when we do our inspection.  We have the Antenna man on alert so he will be ready to go when I give him the date.  He will be installing the aerial, and adding in a few more TV points - we want to have the flexibility to move the TV and lowline if the lounges don't fit a certain way....you would have to see it.....anyhoo, we also found out these days with digital TV's (the kids are getting wall mounted TV's in their room) they will now need antenna ports in the walls also.....that is going to be a BIG bill - about $800!  WOW! 

Have some more news shortly.
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my work in progress....I am a mum of two very outgoing children who keep me on my feet all day. A wife to a man who works hard for our family and doesn't like my craft at all (lol) and a dedicated yet part time Admin Assistant for a charity organisation. I have a love for motorbike riding as well as craft and love to shop - who doesn't right?! Back onto craft - craft in general has been a BIG part of my life for so many years I couldn't possibly tell you when it all first started. Around 2008 I fell in love with Papercrafting, of all forms, off the page, scrapbooking and card making and stamping (my fave). Going from just fun to running my own party plan business with Kaszazz and then back to "just for fun". I hope you enjoy the journey with me as I experiment with techniques, colours and product and learn with me also as I inevitably make mistakes and disasters....all in good fun. Enjoy!!